Uncharted 4: How many Chapters Does it Have?
Are you a fan of action-adventure games? Have you played Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End? If you have, then you know how exhilarating the game can be. Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece in the gaming world that has won numerous awards for its story, graphics, and gameplay. But, if you’re yet to play the game, you might be wondering how long it would take to complete the story. Fear not! We’re here to answer your question, “How many Chapters is Uncharted 4?”
Introduction to the Uncharted 4
Sony Computer Entertainment released Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in 2016, which Naughty Dog created as the fourth major installment in the Uncharted franchise. Nathan Drake, a retired treasure hunter, is persuaded to return to the field by his presumed-dead sibling Samuel, and they team up with Nathan’s long-time partner, Victor Sullivan, to look for clues to the location of Henry Avery’s long-lost treasure. The game is played in third person and includes platformer elements. To fight foes, players must solve puzzles and use firearms, melee combat, and stealth. In the online multiplayer mode, up to ten players can participate in cooperative and competitive scenarios.
Development for Uncharted 4 began in 2011, shortly after the release of Uncharted 3, with artistic director Amy Hennig and game director Justin Richmond at the helm. However, their departure from Naughty Dog in 2014 caused a slowdown in development, and they were replaced by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley. The team aimed to introduce open-world gameplay elements, featuring larger levels to encourage free-roaming exploration and combat. Naughty Dog worked harder than ever to humanize Nathan and Elena, and they assumed center stage in the relationship. Naughty Dog utilized the hardware to render larger dynamic environments and published A Thief’s End in May 2016 as their first PlayStation 4 game.
After its announcement in November 2013, people highly anticipated A Thief’s End. Critics praised the game’s gameplay, narrative, emotional depth, visuals, and multiplayer, with several reviewers calling it a fitting conclusion to Nathan’s story. Several gaming publications, critics, and award ceremonies named it Game of the Year.
The best-selling Uncharted game, with over 15 million copies released, is A Thief’s End. It is also one of the top-grossing PlayStation 4 games and is widely regarded as one of the greatest video games ever made. Many have given it high praise. Naughty Dog published a standalone expansion titled Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in 2017. They also released an updated version as part of the Uncharted: Golden Abyss collection alongside The Lost Legacy.
How Long or Hours Does it Take to Complete Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End?
Howlongtobeat statistics indicate that players of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End can complete the narrative in approximately 15 hours, with some variation. If players choose to meticulously collect all the Easter eggs, PlayStation trophies, and other collectibles, the gameplay time can extend up to 25-30 hours.
Some of these trophies require players to play the game multiple times at different difficulty levels. Additionally, there is a speedrun trophy that challenges players to complete the game in less than six hours, which is quite difficult even for a linear game like Uncharted 4.
How Many Chapters are There in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Lost Legacy?
Uncharted 4’s story is primarily divided into 22 chapters, with two extra chapters – the Prologue and Epilogue. The Epilogue also hints at potential future Uncharted games. If players wish to revisit previously completed chapters, they can do so by navigating to the menu. This feature allows them to recover any missed treasures.
List of Complete Uncharted 4 Chapters
- Nathan Drake tries to retrieve a treasure, flashes back to his childhood dreams of being a treasure hunter, finds clues to Henry Avery's lost treasure, and gets ambushed by Shoreline mercenaries.
Chapter 1: The Lure of Adventure
- Nathan attends an auction to buy a cross of Henry Avery's. His brother Sam shows up and outbids him, and Sam asks Nathan for help finding Avery's treasure.
Chapter 2: Infernal Place
- Nathan and Sam enter prison to get Victor Sullivan's help; they find clues leading them to a cathedral in Scotland.
Chapter 3: The Malaysia Job
- Sully, Sam and Nathan go to Malaysia and find a map in a prison tower leading to a volcanic island hideout.
Chapter 4: A Normal Life
- 15 years ago, Nathan retired from treasure hunting and lived happily with Elena Fisher. Sam asks him for help one last time.
Chapter 5: Hector Alcazar
- Nathan lies to Elena about a job for his old boss as cover to help Sam. They travel to an island to meet Alcazar.
Chapter 6: Once a Thief...
- Rafe Adler reveals the Alcazar job is a setup, Sam lied, and Alcazar doesn't exist; the brothers argue over trusting Rafe.
Chapter 7: Lights Out
- Nathan communicates with Sully and tries escaping the island but is captured by Nadine Ross and Shoreline.
Chapter 8: The Grave of Henry Avery
- Nathan escapes, tracks down Sam in Madagascar, and finds crypt clues leading them to a cemetery in Scotland.
Chapter 9: Those Who Prove Worthy
- Nathan and Sam pass tests and solve puzzles in a cave system to prove themselves worthy of the treasure.
Chapter 10: The Twelve Towers
- The brothers explore 12 significant watchtower ruins across an island, each containing clues to the treasure's location.
Chapter 11: Hidden in Plain Sight
- Arriving in Madagascar, Nathan realizes clues point to the treasure back in King's Bay.
Chapter 12: At Sea
- Sailing towards King's Bay, Nate and Elena reconcile over his dishonesty.
Chapter 13: Marooned
- After an attack by Shoreline, Nate and Elena escape onto a remote island and find Libertalia clues.
Chapter 14: Join Me in Paradise
- Nadine questions Rafe's motives as the treasure seems gone, and they track Nathan to Libertalia.
Chapter 15: The Thieves of Libertalia
- Nathan and Sam explore Libertalia ruins and find clues about where Avery hid the treasure.
Chapter 16: The Brothers Drake
- Sam vents frustrations about Rafe to Nathan; they argue over their relationship.
Chapter 17: For Better or Worse
- Flashback to Nate's beach wedding with Elena before diving to explore the ruins.
Chapter 18: New Devon
- In Libertalia, Nate and Elena find a map of the specific treasure location.
Chapter 19: Avery's Descent
- Ambushed by Shoreline in a ship graveyard, Nate discovers the treasure in Avery's sunken ship.
Chapter 20: No Escape
- With the treasure, Nate is attacked by Rafe and Shoreline as the ship sinks; Sam is wounded.
Chapter 21: Brother's Keeper
- Young Nate and Sam plan to run away from an orphanage and become treasure hunters.
- Nathan and Elena return home. Nathan gifts Sam his mother's wedding ring, and Sam proposes to his partner.
- Story Mode: The primary game mode that follows the main plot.
- Cooperation Mode: An online multiplayer game mode.
- Challenge Mode: A single-player game in which certain obstacles must be overcome.
- Multiplayer Mode: A mode in which people compete online against each other using their skills.
Characteristics of the Chapters
How Many Chapters are there in Uncharted 4?
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is a video game. Includes 22 chapters. Each of them exhibits distinctive qualities that are enlivening. Here are a few of these characteristics:
Exploration: Players can search the game world for valuable items, discover new areas, and complete challenges.
Adventures: Players must face enemies and overcome obstacles to complete the chapters.
Puzzles: Some chapters contain puzzles that players must solve to progress.
Action: Players must use weapons, special abilities, and other items to combat enemies.
Story: Each chapter has its own story, and players must uncover the entire plot to progress.
Customization: Players can customize their characters with various styles, weapons, and abilities.
Multiplayer: Players can collaborate online with other users to complete missions and challenges. Each of Uncharted 4 22’s chapters has something unique to offer. Players can enjoy a wide range of features to discover and explore in each chapter
List of Uncharted 4: The Lost Legacy chapters
Chapter 1: The Insurgency
Chapter 2: Infiltration
Chapter 3: Homecoming
Chapter 4: The Western Ghats
Chapter 5: The Great Battle
Chapter 6: The Gatekeeper
Chapter 7: The Lost Legacy
Chapter 8: Partners
Chapter 9: End of the Line
Summary of the Content
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, one of the most popular action-adventure games in recent years, is an epic adventure that follows the story of Nathan Drake, a professional adventurer, and thief. This latest chapter in the saga promises players an exciting adventure filled with action, emotions, and an engaging and entertaining plot.