These Madara quotes will make you reflect on the duality of life and the meaning of peace.
Madara Uchiha, the renowned Ninja from the hit anime series Naruto, is known for his exceptional abilities and sharp mind.
He's a complex man with a fascinating past, and his words frequently have a deeper meaning.
Madara's comments are full of insight, from his perspectives on power and leadership to his thoughts on life and death.
Table of Contents
Who is Madara Uchiha?
Madara Uchiha is a strong character created by Masashi Kishimoto who rose to become the mighty leader of the Uchiha clan and one of the Naruto series' most feared villains. Madara became a great warrior due to his intelligence combined with the 'chakra' he had.
Madara Uchiha and his siblings were born during the Warring States Period and had to continually defend themselves on the battlefield against their arch-rivals, the Senjus. Madara was left with Izuna, his younger brother, with whom he continually competed to get better after losing three of his five siblings in these encounters.
Madara was one of the legendary founders of Konohagakure, a peaceful village, according to Naruto tradition.
Madara established Konohagakure with the help of his childhood friend and clan rival, Hashirama Senju.
When the two couldn't agree on how to protect the peace, they fought for control, and Madara was killed.
Fortunately for him, Madara had the ability to rewrite his death, so he returned, hiding until he could exact his revenge.
The character was developed by Masashi Kishimoto, the author of the Naruto series.
In the Japanese animation, he was spoken by Naoya Uchida, and in the English version, he was voiced by Neil Kaplan.
Madara's backstory was well-received, with several critics ranking him among the top anime villains of all time.
Quotes by Madara Uchiha
1. "People cannot show each other their true feelings. Fear, suspicion, and resentment never subside."
2. "Love is not necessary; power is the only true necessity."
3. "When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred."
4. "Balance is what keeps the world going."
5. "Only with strength and unyielding power can one stand up to even the mightiest of foes."
6. "What good is power if you are unable to stand up for those who you love? The purpose of power should be to help you protect your loved ones. If not, then that power is futile."
7. "Too much of anything never turns out to be healthy."
8. "Don't improvise what you cannot handle."
9. "Forgive and forget, and you'll be a better human being."
10. "The Uchiha is a clan destined for revenge."
11. "No matter how powerful your opponent is, if you foresee their moves, you'll be able to defeat them."
12. "How good can there be in power if you cannot protect those you love?"
13. "Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."
14. "Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world."
15. "Things never go according to our comfort but run according to their schedule."
16. "Be strong enough to be someone who even the demons would fear."
17. "He had to fight you and die before your eyes, Sasuke."
18. "How good can there be in power if you cannot protect those you love?"
19. "Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."
20. "It will be a new world, A world of truth, not lies."
21. "As I walk towards my true dream, I will enjoy fighting with you."
22. "The strong devour the weak, that is the law of the shinobi world."
23. "Every war begins with a talk."
Related: 30+ Pain (Nagato) Quotes
Saddest Madara Quotes
Having led a life full of ups and downs, Madara has some quotes that reflect sadness, but also clearly depict the reality of life. Enjoy reading some of these poetic quotes by Madara Uchiha.
24. "When a man dies with pride, he only thinks of the good things he has done, but he forgets the problems he has left behind."
25. "It seems that you still want to dance, but… You will not be able to make steps anymore."
26. "Love and hate are two sides of the same coin."
27. "Would you consider dying together "Teamwork' as well?"
28. "When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred."
29. "Talking about peace whilst spilling blood, it's something that only humans can do."
30. "The longer you live… The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness."
31. "I'd be lying if I said things are going according to my plan… but beggars can't be choosers, right?"
32. "Sometimes falling back is the best way to achieve happiness and love."
33. "The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and the risk of hatred is born to protect love."
34. "“The longer you live… The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness.”."
Great Madara Uchiha Quotes
Madara Uchiha might have made a lot of mistakes in judgment, but nevertheless, his greatness was unmatched. Here are some of the greatest quotes he has said.
35. "The world is nothing but a game of balance. There's always going to be bad in order to balance out the good."
36. "Love is an essential element, but not everyone gets it. It's okay not to have love, but to survive in this world, you need to make yourself capable and achieve success. That's where you actually stand."
37. "In this world, wherever there is light - there are also shadows."
38. "The person with the best dreams has the best chances of winning."
Emotional Madara Uchiha Quotes
Be it a day when you are super-motivated, or a day when you are overwhelmed, Madara Quotes always have something that you will relate to.
39. "When you fall in love, you love with all that you've got. You must learn to bear anger, hatred, keep your ego and attitude aside and handle things with care, calmness, and love."
40. "You were always the optimist, but perhaps that is the correct path."
41. "Everyone lives in their own illusions."
42. "The face of my enemy scares me only when I realize how much it resembles mine."
43. "You can always try to explain what all is going on inside of you, but not all exactly. Emotions can be tried to put out in the best form they could, but they can never be understood wholly."
Best Madara Uchiha Quotes
Here are some of the best Madara Uchiha quotes that are really thought-provoking and will encourage you at all times.
44. "Even the strongest of opponents always has a weakness."
45. "Faith has an abstract concept."
46. "The road to be the champions is the road of freedom."
47. "You have the best gift you can have, life."
48. "It’s not possible to see what a person really thinks and feels deep inside."
49. "To protect something, another must be sacrificed."
50. "You know you're alive if you feel pain."
51. "When he died, no, even in death, I was thinking of you."
52. "This world is filled with hatred, agony, and sufferings. All of these are the result of dishonesty and lies. Humans learn to lie for their own selfish interests. A peaceful world will only exist when truth prevails."
53. "Only those with the strength to stand against anything that comes their way, without flinching, can survive even the cruelest of ordeals. Find the courage to do so and there's not one thing that can stop you."
54. "Always analyze the situation before taking action for or against it. If your gut feeling tells you that you cannot handle it that well, then you should step down and let others do it or help you in it."
55. "We are born to this world as mere children without a clear path or the intellect to know right from wrong."
56. "Oh, you know, it's fun, it's part of my plan to start a war to bring peace."
57. "Humans are nothing but divided amongst the two sides of a coin."
58. "Life is a happening puzzle in our early days, but as we grow more and more old, we start to realize the meaning of life and the pattern with which it goes on. It actually is nothing but creation, followed by preservation and then destruction."
59. "All you had to do was fall once, all that would become a deep hatred for the world."
60. "There are no such things as true dreams in this world."
61. “The longer you live… The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness.”When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred."
62. "Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do."
63. "Humans are nothing but divided amongst the two sides of a coin. They would wanna fight for peace, but by physical war, and only that victory would bring them the final peace."
64. "Hope isn’t something where keep on hanging onto something, but where we let things go and leave it up to the fate, and keep an optimistic approach towards life."
65. “In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers.”
66. “Love is an essential element, but not everyone gets it. It’s okay not to have love, but to survive in this world, you need to make yourself capable and achieve success.”
67. “This world is filled with hatred, agony, and sufferings. All of these are the result of dishonesty and lies.”
68. “World, when we enter into it, seems all new and exciting. But as we grow more and more and reach our final phase of living, all we realize is that life is all about nothingness and will end someday.”
69. “Life will always throw new challenges at you just when you will feel like you’ve succeeded but you’ve gotta hold in there, tight, and get through with it.”
70. “An unstable force, lacking in intelligence or sapience, you require a guide to show you purpose.”
71. “We need guidance to help us find a purpose in life. Without this, life will be just a journey without any real destination.”
72. “We are born to this world as merely children without a clear path or the intellect to know right from wrong.”
73. “You are merely a momentary life, a temporary existence of coalesced energy, energy that once was a single, ultimate form.”
74. “Our life is short and temporary. We do not have much time in this world. But it is how we utilize and spend the time that is given to us that really matters.”
75. “Only those with the strength to stand against anything that comes their way, without flinching, can survive even the cruelest of ordeals.”
76. "Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world. The longer you live, the more you realize that in this reality only pain, suffering and futility exist."
77. "Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war… Those are the two realms belonging solely to man. Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They’re two sides of the same coin… to protect something… another must be sacrificed."
78. "The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning."
79. "Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity."
80. "Oh, you know…it’s fun, it’s part of my plan…to start a war…to bring peace."
81. "It seems that you still want to dance but… You will not be able to make steps anymore."
82. "In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
83. "As comrades, huh… well… if that’s how… we… will."
84. "The tailed beasts are but slaves to those with blessed eyes. Obey"
85. "Nine-Tails, you are merely a momentary life, a temporary existence of coalesced energy, energy that once was a single, ultimate form."
85. "How good can there be in power if you can not protect those you love?"
86. "From the bottom of your heart, you felt kindness and compassion for others."
87. "By accepting dishonor as a payment for honor and hatred as a payment for love, Itachi died with a smile on his face."
88. "Hatred is born to protect love"
89. "So by defeating and avenging the Uchiha Clan you would be acclaimed as a hero in Konoha."
90. "I taught you that in order to control people, you need to use the darkness in their hearts."
Madara Uchiha is without a doubt one of the most memorable anime villains of all time.
But what is it about him that makes him such a fascinating character?
Madara is a villain, but he is not a nasty person.
His primary goals were to safeguard his family and to bring about peace.
His path to villainy was a terrible series of events brought about by fate.
This intricate blend of good and evil is what makes Madara and his backstory so interesting to follow.
These Madara quotations are from a tragic character's life.
Despite the fact that many of these quotations are grim, they provide an insightful perspective on humanity and our relationship with power, conflict, and love.